Stuart is an experienced 安博电竞 Software Consultant, having worked with Microsoft安博电竞 for 20 years, the last 18 of those as a lead consultant on numerous projects with various Microsoft 安博电竞 partners.
The EC Sales List needs to be submitted periodically to HMRC to report supplies of goods and services to VAT-registered customers in another EU country.
Microsoft 安博电竞 ® 365 安博电竞 Central allows companies to generate and submit the EC Sales List electronically over the internet to HMRC. There are a number of pre-requisites that need to be in place to allow the generation & submission of data such as:
- VAT Numbers on Customer records
- VAT Posting Setup being correct
- GovTalk Setup has been completed
These points aren’t covered in this blog but related information can be found online. In addition the Triangulation functionality relies on a manual process of ticking the EU 3-Party Trade box on Sales Headers.
Setting up the EC Sales List
To set up the EC Sales List functionality the following steps should be followed:
1. Set up a new number series for EC Sales List.
The No. Series Lines could be set up as new number for each year (see below) but this is only a suggestion.
2. Search for the VAT Report Setup and in the No. Series field select the EC Sales List No. Series you have just set up.
3. Search for the VAT Reports Configuration page and create a new line with the following information:
VAT Report Type = EC Sales List
VAT Report Version = CURRENT
Suggest Lines Codeunit ID = 140
Submission Codeunit ID = 142
Validate Codeunit ID = 143
This completes the initial set up for the EC Sales List.
Using the EC Sales List
Next, we’ll have a look at using the functionality:
1. Search for and open the EC Sales List Reports, depending on the version you are in there may be a couple of similarly named pages. The page should look something like this...
2. Click on the New action and move out of the No. field, this will fill in a number of fields in the header. Ensure the Period Year, Period Type and Period No. are correct for YOUR business. The General tab of the page should look something like the below:
3. Click on the Suggest Lines action, this should then populate the report with transactions within the period specified. An example of what this will look like is below:
4. Once the lines have been suggested and you are happy with the detail in the report press the Release action. This will check a number of pieces of information required to submit the report and if there are any errors they will be shown in the Errors and Warnings tab. If you have already carried out the Gov Talk setup then the errors below should not occur:
5. After the report has been released you can then press the Submit action to send the detail to HMRC.
I find their approach to our relationship very professional whilst being refreshingly realistic. We now consider them to be part of our teamTechnical Director, Bainbridge International